HID FARGO FPDXI FlexPass® DESFire / Indala® Prox Combo Card
Typical Maximum Read Range*
DESFire: Up to 4″ (10 cm)
Prox: 2″ – 5″ (5.0 – 12.7 cm)
2.125″ x 3.375″ x .03″ (5.4 x 8.57 x 0.084 cm)
Material and Finish
Gloss white/white PVC or PVC/Polyester Composite
EEPROM, 4 Kbytes (32,768 bits)
Dynamic Memory structure, up to 28 applications
Lifetime – see Sales Policy for complete details
Combine the benefits of proven Indala® Proximity and HID FlexSmart® DESFire contactless smart card technology in one card. The card can be used for diverse applications such as access control and biometric identification, cashless vending, public transportation, ticketing, customer loyalty and photo ID cards. Featuring exclusive FlexSecur® security technology, the card provides an added level of access system security through a verification process at the smart card reader. Unique to the HID Indala proximity product line, FlexSecur screens out unauthorized cards prior to sending card data to the host system. The DESFire/Indala proximity card provides an added level of access control security.
HID DESFire smart card credentials have 4 KB of dynamic memory arranged in easy-to-define application folders and data files. DESFire smart card data can be encrypted with the highly secure Data Encryption Standard (3DES) algorithm assuring that data in the card is secure before, during and after the transaction, as well as between folders and files within the credential itself.
Available in PVC and Composite PET/PVC card construction, the card is exceptionally durable. It can accept an embeddable contact chip for logical access and biometric ID systems, and allows customers with a Prox installation to continue using their existing system while adding contactless smart card capability.
When security and performance count most, HID’s FlexSmart DESFire smart cards can be produced with visual security and anti-counterfeiting features such as holograms, ultraviolet fluorescent inks, micro-printing or a custom logo to quickly and easily identify genuine cards.
Key Features of the DESFire/Indala Proximity Card
- Proven, Reliable Technology – Offers extremely consistent read range. Use is unaffected by body shielding or variable environmental conditions, even when close to keys and coins.
- Fast Processing and Data Communication – Transaction times are less than 100 milliseconds for a typical secure ticketing transaction.
- True Credit Card Thickness – Use with all direct image and thermal transfer printers.
- Multiple Formats – Supports all Indala proximity card formats, including FlexEnterprise®.
- Transition Solution – Add smart card applications to existing Indala proximity technology access control system.
- High Security – Mutual authentication, DES and triple- DES data encryption, and unique 56-bit serial number.